|Harry Potter Flame War
||[Aug. 26th, 2005|11:22 pm]
|[||I'm not blue, I'm
I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (excellent airplane book in case anyone wants to know), and I've refined a few theories I've heard, tweaked them around. Mind you, I'm only on the ninth chapter so far, so I'm not even into the heavy stuff yet. So yeah. My new essay is in the comments to this entry so as to not provide you with spoilers. SARAH GOODWIN, THIS MEANS YOU, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT COMMENTING YOUR THEORIES ON A BOOK YOU HAVE YET TO START, LITTLE BOOGER GIRL!!!!! :P
On other fronts, this is a small summation of my hectic day yesterday and why I feel guilty about messing up my flight info:
So I was sitting with Jenni in Jerry's eating my pizza when I get an automated message from Orbitz telling me that my flight is departing on time. I'm baffled, since to all my knowlege my flight was leaving on Friday night, not Thursday. Well, I fucked up. My flight left Thursday at 9:48 and LANDED Friday at 12:21.
Reasons to feel guilty:
1. I made my best friend
a. leave a restaurant in the middle of dinner.
b. miss the opening of her boyfriend's play
c. drive me an hour to the airport with KIDNEY STONES.
To mend #1 I will buy her fancy ground Udon organic pasta in droves and bring it back to her. And take her to Disneyland.
2. I missed the opening night of the first company show. I work for the school and I wasn't there to support them. Randy didn't mind, and all the work had been done, but I still feel bad.
3. I missed the opening night of my friend who I'm developing a crush on. I'd feel guilty even if he was simply a friend, but as I enjoy flirting with him right now, I feel that extra pang of suckiness.
4. I really screwed over Shannon, who is having troubles with her roommates and moving into a new apartment. We were going to work out a plan for her to stay with me for a little while. Shannon, if you read this, I'm so friggin' sorry. If you can find somewhere to stay for Wednesday and Thursday nights, then you can stay with me for a week or two starting Friday night. I feel like a shitty friend.
5. The contents of my suitcase is ridiculous. I packed in literally four minutes. I have tons of dirty laundry and a dress that is going to be too breezy for me to wear unless I plan on freezing my tits off. I got my contact case and glasses, but forgot saline. I got my toothbrush and toothpaste but forgot dental floss. Got my body wash, forgot razor, puff, and shampoo. Packed all heels and no sneakers, no swimsuit. I'm staying at a LAKE for three days. *sigh*
6. I'm missing out on the final details of Return Engagements and I won't be back to see the opening night of that one either.
7. I'm just a human doormat, so I'm guilty all around.
Someone please give me a hug.
And, if you are in Seattle, Sequim, or the surrounding area, please call me so we can hang out!!!